CTM – Cleansing, toning, & moisturizing. We all know that these are three basic steps of skincare. However, most of the skincare products we use are filled with artificial ingredients, toxins, and parabens. While not all artificial ingredients are necessarily harmful, it’s best to go for natural skincare products which cost a lot less than most luxury brands. The extra that you pay for a natural face scrub, or essential oil, over a standard FMCG product, is totally worth it when you see the benefits.
In this post, we are sharing a simplified all-natural skincare routine for starters!
- Scrubbing. You don’t need to scrub your face every day – Just twice or thrice a week is more than enough. Go for a scrub that’s completely natural and contains ingredients that are safe for the skin. For instance, selected natural brands have scrubs that use unique ingredients like Silkworm Cocoon!
- Cleansing. This is a regular part of any skincare regimen. Natural cleansing can be done using any product that has less or no chemicals. If you use makeup, you can consider using something like coconut oil to remove the makeup before using any natural cleanser.
- Toning. There is nothing better than rose water as a natural toner. Add some rose water on a cotton pad and dab the skin after cleansing. Let your skin absorb the rose water before you move ahead to the next step.
- Moisturizing. This is where things can be tricky. You can either consider using a moisturizer all through the day or can choose specific creams, made of natural ingredients, to address specific skin problems. There are brands that have day creams, antiaging creams, and radiance creams, so evaluate your choices before making a decision.
- Essential oils. A natural skincare routine is incomplete without essential oils. You can add oils like tea tree or Vitamin E oil to any skincare product before using. If you have acne or blemishes, add a drop of tea tree oil to your moisturizer before applying at night.
At the least, you will need a face wash, face scrub, rose water, and moisturizer to start this routine. Include essential oils if you have skin problems like acne, or want naturally-glowing skin.
Finally, don’t forget your lips. Use a natural-ingredient-based lip balm on your lips at least thrice through the day. Lip balms also heal the lips and make it easier to apply lipstick, especially if you are using a liquid matte product.